11 Steps to implementing Learning Styles on a school-wide basis:
1. Teacher training (LS Day 1) “Diversity in the Classroom Based on Learning Styles” including teachers’ own personal LSA-Adult profiles
2. Student assessments with LSA questionnaires, printing of computer-generated student profiles by the school itself
3. Teacher Training (LS Day 2) “Help for Problem Students – new Classroom Management – Group Profiles” interpreting student profiles with focus on underachievers; LSA Interpretation Manual; classroom re-arrangement
4. Observation period of seven days carried out by teachers trained in learning styles
5. Sharing results with students and parents: interpretation of LSA profiles, homework and study strategies for students; parent evenings to share results
6. Teacher training (LS Day 3) “Teaching Styles, Learning Tools, implementing LSA” including teachers’ personal TSA-Ed profiles; focussing on mismatch between learning & teaching styles; production of learning tools; implementation strategies
7. Creating and using interactive learning tools, produced initially by teachers, later by students, resource teachers and/or parents
8. Adaptation of classroom teaching to suit analytic and holistic students – lesson preparation to integrate LS into learning cycles and accommodate L/R brain processing, plus strategies for multi-sensory teaching to cater for auditory, visual, tactile & kinesthetic learning needs
9. Classroom redesign: based on students’ preferences from group profiles and with students’ input; school-wide co-operation is necessary to achieve the desired outcomes
10. Evaluation phase: monitor students’ progress and evaluate impact of programme on teachers, students, parents and the community at large
11. Continuation: incorporate new students, train new teachers and continue
to build the ‘School of the Future Based on Learning Styles’.
Please contact us for more information.