Earlier this week, Barbara Prashnig caused an outbreak of public excitement when she addressed the audience of the First Neuro-didactics Conference in Poland. Learning Styles, it seems, is exactly what the Polish education system needs in order to overcome forty years of communism followed by three decades of not knowing how to apply the political freedom to bring about a learning revolution.
The attendees of the conference hope to shape the necessary changes in education systems around the world and find answers to the following questions:
· Do today's schools facilitate or hinder brain function?
· Why do students lose their motivation to learn?
· Does it make sense to focus learning on testing outcomes?
· Is student potential realised in school?
· Does school help students develop a positive self-image and build self-confidence?