- minute geographical details of the area you're sailing
- the culture and the history of every port
- exposure to foreign languages
- soft materials technology when mending sails and sewing new clothes from your old ones
- hard materials technology with boat repairs
- food technology: meal planning with cans and local produce
- electronics: when your laptop malfunctions
- converting from the local currency into your own - in your head
- the art of bartering and bargaining
- the dying skill of letter writing
A dream come true, not only for kinesthetic learners.
If you don't own a sail boat or can't see yourself shutting down your normal life for a year in order to go on holiday, don't despair. There is always pretend-play. Try it out.