Because learning comes easily to such children, it's almost impossible to believe that they could be misdiagnosed with ADHD (Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder). Yet many gifted children go through their school career labelled difficult or inadequate learners.
Through no fault of theirs, many schools fail to address the needs of the gifted child. They:
- Do not support the child's interests.
- Discourage curious questioning.
- Do not value self-expression.
- Lack opportunities for critical thinking.
- Neglect the gifted child in favour of those who struggle to learn the syllabus.
Is your child gifted? Use our Learning style Analysis to find out.