- multitasking when you're a type of person who needs to concentrate on a single thread (In today’s electronic world, it’s not unusual to read emails while talking on the phone; and it’s virtually expected of you to handle several projects at the same time.)
- details versus the big picture
- communication style
- type of lighting in the room
- time of day
- see more here.
Are you feeling stressed?
If you find it hard to concentrate at work or experience feelings of stress when entering your office, it could be that at least one of your biological needs is not satisfied. Ask yourself:
· Do I need to sit while working, or would I prefer to move about?
· Would sipping a glass of water or eating an apple while reading email help my concentration?
· Could I work more effectively earlier in the day or later at night?
· Do I need silence or background music when concentrating?
· Should my office light be bright or dim?
· Should my office be cool or warm?
· Does my desk feel right or would I rather work on the floor?
· Do I like working on my own, or do I miss being part of a team?
To answer these questions, do a Working Style Analysis (WSA) today.