Friday, June 23, 2006

S.O.S. - Office Relationship in Trouble

Yes, I know. The office is usually a great place to form friendships. But sometimes things simply don’t work out, be it due to personality differences or miscommunication. And sometimes they even escalate out of proportion altogether, into something you wouldn’t believe unless you experienced it yourself.

What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you at the office? Did you and the boss have a heated argument that turned into something ugly? Did you have to share an office with a “wet blanket”: somebody who’s always negative about everything from the weather to the latest project? Did you find yourself a new addition to an already well-established team?

Please share your war stories with us (use the comment facility below). The writer of the best one will win a free Working Style Analysis (WSA) for themselves... or for their difficult colleague. The WSA on www.creativelearningcentre.com is a great place to start when you want to understand somebody’s behaviour at work. If you think John looks sleepy in the morning because he’s not committed to his work, or Jane is deliberately trying to be disruptive the way she always paces the room, you might be surprised at what you find out. You may even find an excuse for having a messy desk yourself!

2 comments:

Peter de Vocht said...

Hi Yvonne, I remember a funny incident with my old boss long time ago. We were both moving on from the job we were in and moving different directions. So I meant to tell him on my last day "I hope you find what you're looking for" - instead I blurted out "I hope you get what you deserve!". Took some explaining to get that right!

Anonymous said...

And I'm sure Peter remembers that time I needed to remind a certain sociopathic boss we shared to reconsider grabbing me by the shoulders... Those were strange days. :-)