- An old puzzle. A flying goose met a flock of geese in the air and said: "Hello, hundred geese!" The leader of the flock answered to him: "There is not a hundred of us. If there were as many of us as there are and as many more and half many more and quarter as many more and you, goose, also flew with us, then there would be hundred of us." How many geese were there in the flock?
- Three ducks and two ducklings weigh 32 kg. Four ducks and three ducklings weigh 44kg. All ducks weigh the same and all ducklings weigh the same. What is the weight of two ducks and one duckling?
- There are three houses one is red one is blue band one is white. If the red house is to the left of the house in the middle and the blue house is to the right to the house in the middle where is the white house?
- Uncle Henry was driving to Halifax when he spotted a big green
gorilla on the side of the road. He screeched to a stop, jumped out of
his car. He saw the outline of a number on the gorilla. He couldn't quite
see the number, but he knew it was a 4 digit number. And:
- 1) He remembered seeing a number 1.2) In the hundred's place he remembers the number is 3 times the
number in the thousand's place.
3) He said the number in the one's place is 4 times the number in the ten's place.
4) Finally he said the number 2 is sitting in the thousand's place.
- Some octopuses, some fish and a few mermaids were happily frolicking
in a rock pool. Altogether there were 38 arms, 24 eyes and 8 tails all
swimming in the pool.
How many mermaids were there?
Children whose learning style is holistic might prefer these problems:
- You are in a cabin and it is pitch black. You have one match on you. Which do you light first, the newspaper, the lamp, the candle or the fire?
- Imagine you are in a room, no doors or windows or anything, how do you get out?
- A boy and a doctor was fishing.The boy is the doctor's son but the doctor is not the boy's father. Who is the doctor?
- What happens only in the middle of each month, in all of the seasons, except summer and happens only in the night, never in the day?
Friday, May 16, 2014
Fun Maths and Logic Problems
Children whose learning style is analytic should have a lot of fun with these problems.