Step 1: Recognise Stress
(that’s nothing to do with Working Styles!)
· Your little girl spills juice on the carpet.
· Your son is having a screaming fit.
· Your toddler is carrying her latest painted masterpiece towards you. She drops it face down onto the carpet….
· Your teenager has died her hair purple.
Step 2: Discover Why You Are REALLY Stressed. No, REALLY!
Take something as simple as the light in your house. Did you know that some people feel better in darker rooms that have softer lighting, while others need bright light to function? If you like bright light, you may feel lethargic in dimly lit rooms; while if you prefer soft light, you may be stressed in a room in which the light bulbs are very bright. Fluorescent lights in particular (present in many kitchens, garages and laundries) can make you feel extremely agitated because of their constant flickering that your eye doesn’t notice but your brain still registers.
You can also feel stressed because of an untidy environment, too much change or too much routine, because of the weather, because of the time of day.
To find out, do our Working Style Analysis.
Step 3: Banish Stress
1. Think about your daily schedule and about your house. What can you change to achieve a better environment in which to be a parent? Hint: read the report you get with your personal and unique Working Style Analysis.
2. Not sure what else is adding to your stress? Then email Prashnig Style Solutions on email@example.com with a subject line “Parental Stress Competition” for your chance to win a personal analysis.