Thursday, January 10, 2008

WHAT TEACHERS MAKE - A learning story

The dinner guests were sitting around the table discussing life. One man, a CEO, decided to explain the problem with education. He argued, "What's a kid going to learn from someone who decided his best option in life was to become a teacher? Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."

To stress his point, he said to another guest: "You're a teacher, Bonnie. Be honest. What do you make?"

Bonnie, who had a reputation for honesty and frankness replied,
"You want to know what I make?
· Well, I make kids work harder than they ever thought they could.
· I make a C+ feel like the Congressional Medal of Honour.
· I make kids sit through 40 minutes of class time when their parents can't make them sit for 5 without an I Pod, Game Cube or movie rental.
You want to know what I make?
· I make kids wonder.
· I make them question.
· I make them apologize and mean it.
· I make them have respect and take responsibility for their actions.
· I teach them to write and then I make them write. Keyboarding isn't everything.
· I make them read, read, read.
· I make them show all their work in math. They use their God given brain, not the man-made calculator.
· I make my students from other countries learn everything they need to know in English while preserving their unique cultural identity.
· I make my classroom a place where all my students feel safe.
· I make them understand that if they use the gifts they were given, work hard, and follow their hearts, they can succeed in life.
· Then, when people try to judge me by what I make, with me knowing money isn't everything, I can hold my head up high and pay no attention because they are ignorant...

You want to know what I make? I MAKE A DIFFERENCE. What do you make Mr. CEO?"

Here, at Prashnig Style Solutions, we believe we also make a difference with our learning style analysis. We make a difference:
· to teachers
· to parents
· to the students of today
· who will become the world tomorrow.

No comments: